Dual Diagnosis treatment presents a massive challenge to doctors. The fact that a person is suffering from both a substance abuse problem as well as a mental disorder is what makes the situation grave and tough to tackle. Before moving on to the treatment or rehab plan, it’s important to be fully aware of the gravity of dual diagnosis problem.
Here are some key facts about dual diagnosis:
- According to the report published in American Medical Association’s journal, 37% of alcohol addicts and 53% of drug abusers also have at least one serious psychiatric disorder.
- The same report also says that of the total population diagnosed as psychiatrically ill, 29% are known to abuse either alcohol or drugs.
- “Which of the two, substance abuse or mental disorder, develops first?” People often ask this question. The answer is that a number of factors play a role in this. But the general consensus is that the mental problem develops first.
- On the same lines, instead of solving these problems one after the other, the best thing to do is to solve them simultaneously.
- Some of the common mental disorders found among dual diagnosis patients are bipolar disorder, personality disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobias, schizophrenia etc.
These are just some of the facts associated with dual diagnosis. Based on these, it can be safely said that people with dual diagnosis need personalized professional care. The major goal is to make them feel like a part of the larger drug/alcohol recovery community as well as the mental health recovery community. In this regard, the role of rehab centers cannot be undermined. Inspire Malibu is one rehab facility that is totally equipped to handle patients afflicted with this problem. Whether it is a highly qualified medical personnel or the infrastructure, the center has all the qualities that go into the making of a good addiction treatment center.
The drug rehab center utilizes various techniques such as TMS therapy and the famous Non 12 Step Rehab to rid a patient of his/her problems. Moreover, the qualified Suboxone doctors at the center use medication that works effectively on the specific problems. Apart from these, group therapies that include various activities also have a role to play in improving the condition of a dual diagnosis patient. The essence is that Inspire Malibu has the unique expertise in tackling even the gravest of dual diagnosis problem, comprehensively. Visit www.inspiremalibu.com for more.